Improving the productivity, retention and completion rates of 1st and 2nd year construction apprentices is the aim of a new $60 million Federal Government program.
It offers practical measures to create a more highly skilled and productive Queensland construction workforce.
Benefits for Apprentices
- Build the foundation for a construction career;
- Receive one-on-one mentoring from a real tradie;
- Get technical skills support, tips for on-the-job learning, career and personal advice; and
- Complete your apprenticeship.
Benefits for Employers
- Boost apprentice productivity;
- Increase retention and completion rates;
- Build a skilled workforce;
- Mentoring conducted on-site; and
- Absolutely no cost.
Construction Mentors will build rapport with apprentices and employers, share their on-the-job and off-the-job training knowledge, offer advice on available financial and government support and help apprentices plan a construction career path once they're off the tools.
Apprentices and trainees in the first two years of their training in the civil, residential and commercial construction industry will be eligible.