Improving the productivity, retention and completion rates of 1st and 2nd year construction apprentices is the aim of a new $60 million Federal Government program.
It offers practical measures to create a more highly skilled and productive Queensland construction workforce.
Benefits for Apprentices
- Build the foundation for a construction career;
- Receive one-on-one mentoring from a real tradie;
- Get technical skills support, tips for on-the-job learning, career and personal advice; and
- Complete your apprenticeship.
Benefits for Employers
- Boost apprentice productivity;
- Increase retention and completion rates;
- Build a skilled workforce;
- Mentoring conducted on-site; and
- Absolutely no cost.
Construction Mentors will build rapport with apprentices and employers, share their on-the-job and off-the-job training knowledge, offer advice on available financial and government support and help apprentices plan a construction career path once they're off the tools.
Apprentices and trainees in the first two years of their training in the civil, residential and commercial construction industry will be eligible.
Call 1800 775 277
'Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training'